Monday, April 27, 2009

Wanna Get Fitlicious?

  
When the founder of E11even Productions invited me to sit-in on one of her fantastic shoots I jumped at the opportunity.  Theresa Laurico is quickly taking the production world by storm with her genius ideas and vivacious personality.  

I got to meet Melissa Tucker founder of 'Fitlicious Club' and boy is she FIT!  She gave a presentation to a room full of executives and practically tore apart their lunches explaining how unhealthy they were.  She offered amazing alternatives for the employees to snack on and provided the recipes which were simple enough.  I thought I was safe from her ruthless rant but as soon as the cameras stopped rolling she marched over to where I was sitting and demanded to know what kind of beverage was in my tall Starbucks cup.  I muttered a sheepish response making sure to emphasize that I ordered sugar-free syrup and non-fat milk.  Well, Melissa thought that was a riot, "You think because you got all that fancy no-fat garbage your drink is healthy?"  "Relatively."  I responded.  She proceeded to explain how much sugar and fat there was no matter how 'skinny' I try and make it.  She then handed me a drink she made with some chocolate powder and though it was delicious it contained NO caffeine.  A drink with no caffeine?  The nerve!  

I tried all of her amazing homemade snacks and admired her fit physique some more.  They wrapped the shoot and I asked all sorts of fitness and health questions including what I should drink instead of my beloved caramel macchiato.  The powder-water drink didn't seem as appetizing despite her skill of persuasion.  I obviously commented on her fabulous clothing line advertising 'Fitlicious' - at which point Melissa graciously gave me a cool tee-shirt and great baseball cap.

Canada will be seeing a lot more of Melissa Tucker, she has a mission to make everyone fitlicious and she'll do it through workshops, guest segments on Flow 93.5FM and plenty other events.  Check out her full site here 

*As soon as I was out of Melissa's sight, I darted to the closest Starbucks and ordered a tall, sugar-free vanilla, non-fat caramel macchiato.  It sounds less fattening, that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment