Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Help! I've Run Out of Disc Space

There it is; the reason I have no more room on my hard drive and the reason why an external hard drive has become my new best friend.  Notice the colourful squares and rectangles in the picture on the left; those are treemaps.  The two blue prominent treemaps are my worst enemy.  They represent the space that my Mp3's fill on my hard drive.  So now what do I do?  I've cleaned up my hard drive quite a bit, discarding any files I no longer needed but I am reluctant about cleaning my music files.  I love my music.  I take pride in my overwhelming collection of various genres of music.  

I was really glad to find this fabulous tool for my Mac.  If you are using OS X 10.3 or later and you want to find where all your memory has gone, you should definitely check out Disc Inventory X.  

No comments:

Post a Comment