Monday, May 4, 2009

Speaker's Corner 2.0


 I remember traveling all the way from the suburbs just to go into that little booth, give my opinion then anxiously watch the episode of Speaker's Corner to see if my comment made it to air.  I also remember being intoxicated and cramming way too many of my friends into the booth and ranting belligerently.  When I found out that Speaker's Corner was going off the air, I was devastated.

In my social network joining frenzy, I found a site where you can record 12 second videos, post them and share with your followers.  A Twitter and Speaker's Corner collaboration; it might as well be called 'Crystal's dream site dot com'.  I immediately joined http://12seconds.tv eager to stream my 12 second videos.  The great thing about the site is that you can record videos straight from the homepage, saving you the task of uploading from imovie (or whatever program you use) however, you need to have Adobe Flash Player installed.  Check out the video that I made with the help of my puppy, Chico.  You can also record videos from your mobile phone and upload straight to the site.    

The Jack Dorsey's of the world are trying to eliminate information overload by restricting the way we communicate to 140 characters at a time.  The guys that created 12 Seconds TV restricted video time because they claim, '12 seconds is an ideal time to keep things interesting'.  I'm not sure where these geniuses were when I spent sleepless nights writing 14-20 page essays for my undergrad classes but I am ecstatic that they are here now.  Don't forget to follow me on 12 Seconds - http://12seconds.tv/channel/crystalgibson 


No comments:

Post a Comment